Almost everybody know that Hutch is now Vodafone. This makes a change in procedure of activating GPRS on Vodafone mobile. Following is the procedure to activate Vodafone GPRS:
- Send sms ACT VL to 111.
- GPRS will be activated in 24 hours.
- After GPRS gets activate, you need to get settings.
- For settings sms VL <Phone Model> to 56789, Ex: VL N2626 for Nokia 2626
- You will receive MMS & GPRS settings back to back.
- Save both the settings & get connected!
I am not sure of charges for this service. Vodafone charges are varying from pre-paid & post paid. My friend is using pre-paid & there is no monthly charges for him & only paying for tranfers (10 paisa/10kb). I activated same thing on my post-paid connection & Vodafone charging me Rs.49/Month. For this monthly charge I will get
- 500 mb of transfer (I am not sure, I asked thrice when customer care girls told this). 5pais/10kb after that.
- 30 MMS, 3rs/mms after that.
So make sure of charges before activating this service.