I have seen many using GPRS enabled handset but don’t know how to activate GPRS. Some people are afraid of charges & some are lazy to talk with customer care.Here is the procedure to activate Free GPRS in Airtel Karnataka.
1) For Pre-Paid users send SMS as “PLIVE ACTV” to 222, For Post-Paid users send SMS as
“LIVE ACTV” to 222.
2) Right after sending SMS you will get a confirmation message from Airtel saying “Requested service will be activated within 24 hours”.
3) After activation you will get a confirmation SMS & also WAP settings.
4) Save the settings recieved & It will ask “Activate saved setting?”, Give Yes.
5) Thats all now you can browse free Airtel Live wap portal
Some other sites you can browse with Free GPRS:
Enter the following URL in Go To adress of your wap browser:
Yahoo: http://in.wap.yahoo.com – Here you can login using your Yahoo Id & check mails, Use messenger also. Mails will be diplayed in Text format, No pictures will be shown.
India Times: http://wap.indiatimes.com
You can browse above sites for free!!!
Activating MMS on Airtel:
Pre-Paid users send SMS as PMMS ACTV to 222, Post-Paid users send SMS as MMS ACTV to 222. No activation charges for both GPRS & MMS. You will be charged only when you download a content or send an MMS.
Click Here to know how to activate Airtel Online Paid GPRS.