Now just send an sms to pay your mobile bill. It doesn’t matter where you are, doesn’t require any paper work to get activated. You need to register your credit card with Airtel by sending an sms. After registration you can pay your bill by sending a simple sms. Procedure to activate this service is given below:
- Send sms “MCHEK” to 121. You can also use MCHECK, MCHEQUE, MCHK, MCHQ.
- It will request you to create a four digit PIN, which will used for future transaction.
- Then an USSD session gets invoked & asks you to enter 4 digit PIN.
- Enter your credit card number, expiry date & CVV number as it requests on by one.
- Re-enter your 4 digit PIN.
- You are done! A welcome message appears including instruction for future transaction.
The procedure looks quite simple, but be sure that you are entering all details in Airtel. There is a chance that anyone else can implement same kind of procedure to steal you credit card details. Coming back to the post, the procedure to pay your bill after registrations is as follows:
- Sms “PAY AIRTEL <AMT>” to 121. Ex: PAY AIRTEL 500
- This will invoke an USSD session & ask you 4 digit PIN which you created while registration.
- A request will be sent to your bank & bank replies by approving or declining.
- If bank approve, you will get a confirmation receipt.