Feedly has been the feed reader of my choice since the time Google sunsetted it’s Reader. Though I enjoy reading on Feedly, it merely becomes a notification platform since 70 to 80% of the my subscribed feeds are partial. This ruins the whole experience since I need to click on every article and go to respective website, read and comeback to Feedly. For the publishers, they force you to visit their site since they can’t effectively monetise feed traffic.
Today I come across a Chrome Extension which uses Readability to fetch full article within Feedly. Here is how we can set this up:
- Signup for Readbility if you don’t have an account already.
- Goto https://www.readability.com/settings/account scroll down to API keys and create an application, give any name and description of you liking.
- Now you should see a parser API key displayed, keep this window open.
- On a new tab goto https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fullyfeedly/ikdncbjpcpkheefmnbicggciklkeebmp?hl=en and install this extension.
- Go to chrome://extensions/ and look for FullyFeedly, click on “options”.
- Select “Readability” from dropdown & copy/paste your Readability API key.
- Save and you are done.
Now whenever you come across a partial feed on Feedly you will see a new button which says “Show Full Article”. Click on it to load full article within Feedly.