Few days back I wrote a post on Airtel Internet through Mobile Phone as Modem . Now I am going to explain how to setup a dial-up connection with mobile phone & make it act like a modem. Let’s get into steps:
- Goto “Start–>Control Panel”
- Click on “Network & Internet Connections”
- Under header “Pick a task” click on “Create a connection to the network at your workspace”.
- Now you will get “New Connection Wizard dialog box, select “Dial-up connection” & click next.
- Dialog will ask for “Connection Name”, give whatever you would like to. I gave “airtelgprs”.
- It asks for “Phone Number”, enter number as “*99***1#”
- If you want select to put a shortcut on desktop (Preferred) & finish setup.
Now you will see a shortcut saying “airtelgprs” (In my case) on desktop. Make sure you installed your phone drivers & connect your phone. Double click the icon on desktop, leave blank “User name” & “Password” fields & click “Dial”. One message will pop-up to confirm its connected. Following are few points to check if not connected:
- Check whether modem drivers for your phone are installed. Normally this will come with your phone’s PC Suite. Installing PC Suite will install all required drivers.
- Check whether your phone could be used as modem or not.
- You need to activate “Mobile Office” service of Airtel to connect. Other services like “Airtel Live” & “NOP/Airtel Online” will not work for this connection.
- If you are getting message “Modem not responded”, try restart your mobile phone & reconnect it.
Satisfying all above points you will sure be able to connect to internet. To know about Tariff & Usage charges read post Airtel Internet through Mobile Phone as Modem